Thursday, 19 March 2020
Windcave have been monitoring developments regarding COVID‐19 (Coronavirus) and the potential impact on merchants and businesses very closely.
Our focus and top priority is to our employees, merchants and partners, as such measures have been taken to ensure their health and safety as well as ensuring the continued availability of all our products and services.
As a global company we are following local health authority guidelines for business best practise and have also implemented a global ban on any non-essential travel and meetings with international visitors for Windcave staff.
During this time Windcave services will be operating as usual and we do not expect any impact to our support levels. Our support and customer service teams will be answering phones and responding to emails.
Payment terminals are a key point of interaction for retail merchants and their customers, as such below are the recommendations for cleaning, disinfecting and minimizing contact with your Windcave Payment terminals:
Cleaning the Terminal
• Terminals can be cleaned by applying water or a mild soap solution to a damp microfiber cloth and gently rub the surface of the terminal.
• Water should not be applied directly to the terminal.
• Do not use any other household cleaners or solvents (e.g. bleach ammonia, acetone) or any abrasives as these may damage the plastics of the terminal.
Disinfecting the Terminal
• Apply a 70% Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA/rubbing Alcohol) solution to a damp microfiber cloth and gently rub the surface of the terminal.
• Alcohol should not be applied directly to the terminal.
You may also want to consider enabling Contactless payments to minimize the contact cardholders need to have with the terminal.
You can contact Windcave to have this feature enabled.
To stay up to date with the latest recommendations and information on COVID‐19 we suggest referring to your local authorities website.
New Zealand ‐ https://www.govt.nz/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
United Kingdom and Europe ‐ https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/health/coronavirus-response/eu-eea-and-uk_en
United States ‐ https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/alert/coronavirus-global
Please contact your local Windcave office with any additional questions relating to COVID‐19